Biography of Semyon Krisko

Description:
Born April 21, 1880, in Komarnitskoye district, outside Przemyśl. He was a driver for Fr. Gulicki and accompanied him on his travels. In 1915 he was taken by soldiers of the Tsar’s Army to Kiev to serve as a driver, and there he remained. In 1917 he took an active part in the construction of Sacred Heart of Jesus Church. From 1919 he worked at the Academy of the Arts, and then later at the Art Institute; dismissed from his job due to a reduction in force. For four months he drove a bakery delivery truck, then worked at Cooperative Trust [Kooptrest]. March 29, 1921 – he and Fr. Josif Girny managed to register the parish community and a sodality associated with Sacred Heart of Jesus Church. In 1930 he was under investigation on charges of petty theft, but was not convicted. April 29, 1935 – again arrested. November 27, 1935 – sentenced under Articles 54-10(1) and 196 of the Criminal Code of the Ukrainian SSR to three years in corrective labor camp with loss of rights for two years [Special Collegium, Kiev Dist. Ct.]. Sent to the Kem sector of Belbaltlag; released in January 1939. Settled in Bila Tserkva. Fate thereafter unknown. Source: Sokolovskyi, pp. 105-106; Parafiial'na gazeta, 1995, no. 53, p. 8
Variant Names:
Krisko, Semyon; Kric'ko, Semen Danilovich
Dates:
1880-1939
Locations:
Przemyśl (Poland : Voivodeship); Kiev (Ukraine); Bila T︠S︡erkva (Ukraine)
Subjects:
male; laity; fate unknown